Hi everyone, as Christmas quickly approaches, I thought I would help all of you out by providing some “boaty” Christmas gift ideas. Oh, you know just in case you were looking for a gift for a beloved boater in your family.
Actually, I’m not seriously suggesting that you should get these for us, so go ahead and put your wallet away 🙂
- A survival suit. With one of these puppies, we could fall overboard, and bob around happily until help arrives.
- Drogue see my earlier post in which I discuss this wonderful device: https://boatlady.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/transatlantic-crossings-part-i/
- Lounge wear – you know, so your boat friend can lounge around on the boat. I know that’s what I’ll be doing.
- Fancy glasses – that is drink glasses, not eyeglasses.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen – for those among you that like to give practical gifts.
- Earplugs – “Why?”, you ask. To drown out the moaning of the skipper’s seasick companion.
- T-shirts (Mine sould read skipper, and hubby’s should read Crew). Oh ho, wouldn’t that be fun on Christmas morning.
- Gravol &/or motion sickness relief band. For obvious reasons.
- Marine GPS – so we don’t get lost on the way to visit you.
- Weather walkie-talkie – oh yeah – I’ve seen one of these. It gives off an alarm whenever there’s a nearby weather warning.
- Not a cat. Just in case you thought cats and boats go together. And besides, we already have one.
- A yacht. Go ahead and get your wallet out again. We’ll take this one.
Have a wonderful Holiday Season everyone!