I thought today I’d bring you up to speed re: what’s happening in our lives that’s boat related. Here it is, in no particular order:
1. I passed my boating exam! Yay! You can now rest easy that I won’t ram into your boat when I’m out cruising the waters, as I’m down with the Collision regulations. Now, don’t go worrying about hubby, he’s also legal, but he didn’t have to take the exam since he already took the course (lucky him). He was a real trooper though, and went to all of the classes with me (when he was in town, that is).
2. We’re registered for a new boating course. It’s Maritime Radio and is only three nights – much shorter than the last one. This course will provide us with a restricted radio operating certificate, or something like that. I’m looking forward to the class because I never did learn when to use Mayday versus Pan Pan in the boating class. I don’t want to get the two mixed up. Once we’re finished, we’ll take a bit of a break from boating courses for awhile.
3. We’ll probably be heading out to BC for a couple of days (I won a trip!) towards the end of Feb. Hopefully, we’ll get a chance to scope out potential boating location #1 while we’re there. We’ll also get to check out a Canucks game as part of the prize winning package! Whoa, it just doesn’t get anymore exciting than this. Unfortunately, the prize package is just for me, so I can’t bring hubby into the hospitablity suite at the game 😦 I will be sure to text him and send photos showing him how great it is. He’ll appreciate that.
4. We waded through snowbanks to enjoy a social evening hosted by the local Power Squadron chapter last Friday. Two couples shared their adventures sailing on the Westcoast last summer. Looked like great fun, and it made us both wish we were there.
5. We haven’t checked out any new boats, nor have we had anymore interest in the house … soon, soon.
Well now you know what we’re up to. BTW if you did buy us that boat for Christmas, I think there’s been a mix up at the dealership, as we haven’t received a call about it yet. You might want to follow up on that.